Alcohol testing determines the current alcohol (ethanol) level in someone’s system. This level is an indicator of whether someone is intoxicated. It can be used to ensure employees can safely perform their duties, because alcohol is a legal substance, an employer needs to prove their worker is impaired while at work.
Different Test Types
SureHire offers a number of testing methods for detecting alcohol in an individual’s system – Breath, Urine and Hair.
Breath Alcohol Testing
Breath Alcohol Testing is the most commonly utilized method for the detection of alcohol as it offers both accurate court admissible test results an the ability to determine immediate impairment.
All NaviSure Health technicians are certified to complete Breath Alcohol testing using D.O.T (Department of Transportation) approved Lifeloc Phoenix 6.0 technology.
Understanding The Results
When a donor is tested their results are given as a Breath/Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level.
- Someone who has not consumed alcohol should have a 0% BAC
- Levels over 0.2% are extremely dangerous and can result in unconsciousness
- The Department of Transportation standard is 0.02%, which most companies use in their policies
Following testing, our professional team can help you determine what the results mean for you or your employee. If you are an employer, you will need to consider what has been communicated to your employees in your policies. If you do not have a drug and alcohol policy in place, we can work with you to build one that will follow the best practices that suit your business.
Non Regulated Urine Drug Testing
Urine drug testing is the preferred method for substance detection as it offers both expanded testrign panels and accurate results. Additionally, urine drug testing will allow the employer to obtain a snapshot of recent drug use.
NaviSure Health Services offers two different types of urine testing:
- Point of Collection (POCT or Express) based testing – this will provide instant, qualitative, same day result notifications.
- Lab Based Testing – this will provide quantitative test results with a turnaround time of 2-5 business days. Lab based testing results are also admissible in court.
It is important to note that NaviSure health utilizes a SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Association) certified laboratory for all urine testing.
Do you require more information? Contact us here!